Port Property is preparing for seasonal operations with the safety and comfort of our residents as our top priority throughout any inclement weather.
During the winter months, Port Property routinely clears and salts building steps, sidewalks and parking lots to ensure our residents’ safety. For our properties that include snow removal, our team will alert residents in advance of planned plowing to provide ample notice for residents to relocate or move their cars ahead of time. The best way to receive these notices is to sign up for our text alerts through RentCafè, as these can serve as a helpful reminder. Whether residents are looking to stay informed about winter parking bans, snow advisories, or plowing schedules, our designated resident portal through RentCafè can assist residents with up-to-date weather-related information and notifications.
This time of year also presents an opportunity for residents to prepare for winter weather and get ahead of the cold temperatures and snow. Port Property has compiled the following checklist to help residents get ready for winter:
- Review your building’s parking information for details on snow plowing.
- Stay in the know about the City of Portland’s upcoming snow bans and information on where to park.
- Review the City of Portland’s winter operations for info on sidewalk clearing and winter alerts.
- Monitor local weather forecasts to best prepare or check future forecasts ahead of upcoming travel or local plans.
- Ensure all windows are fully closed and locked to keep in heat and keep out cold air.
- Port Property’s emergency maintenance line is available 24/7 and residents are advised to contact our team immediately with any urgent requests.
Along with our winter checklist above, residents are encouraged to sign up for our resident portal on RentCafè to stay in the know about weather advisories!